Click on the title to expand
Investor's Business Daily's 10 Secrets to Success
Investor’s Business Daily has spent years analyzing leaders and successful people in all walks of life. Most have 10 traits that, when combined, can turn dreams into reality.
- How you think is everything. Always be positive. Think success, not failure. Beware of a negative environment.
- Decide upon your true dreams and goals. Write down your specific goals and develop a plan to reach them.
- Take action. Goals are nothing without action. Don’t be afraid to get started now. Just do it.
- Never stop learning. Go back to school or read books, get training and acquire skills.
- Be persistent and work hard. Success is a marathon, not a sprint. Never give up.
- Learn to analyze Details. Get all the facts, all the input. Learn from your mistakes.
- Focus your time and money. Don’t let other people or things distract you.
- Don’t be afraid to innovate. Be different. Following the herd is a sure way to mediocrity.
- Deal and communicate with people effectively. No person is an island. Learn to understand and motivate others.
- Be honest and dependable. Take responsibility. Otherwise Numbers 1-9 won’t matter.
Attitude is Everything
I woke up early today, excited over all I get to do before the clock strikes midnight. I have responsibilities to fulfill today. And I am important. My job is to choose what kind of day I am going to have:
- Today I can complain because the weather is rainy or I can be thankful that the grass is getting watered for free.
- Today I can feel sad that I don’t have more money or I can be glad that my finances encourage me to plan my purchases wisely and guide me away from waste.
- Today I can grumble about my health or I can rejoice that I am alive.
- Today I can lament over all that my parents didn’t give me when I was growing up or I can feel grateful that they allowed me to be born.
- Today I can cry because roses have thorns or I can celebrate that thorns have roses.
- Today I can mourn my lack of friends or can excitedly embark upon a quest to discover new relationships.
- Today I can whine because I have to go to work or I can shout for joy because I have a job to do.
- Today I can complain because I have to go to school or eagerly open my mind and fill it with rich new tidbits of knowledge.
- Today I can murmur dejectedly because I have to do housework or I can feel honored because the Lord has provided shelter for my mind, body and soul.
- Today stretches ahead of me, waiting to be shaped. And here I am, the sculptor who gets to do the shaping. What today will be like is up to me. I get to choose what kind of day I will have!
This is Worth Thinking About...
People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.
When you know which one it is, you will know what to do for that person.
When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed.
They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they are.
They are there for the reason you need them to be.
Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time,
this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.
Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk a way.
Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.
What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done.
The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.
Some people come into your life for a SEASON, because your turn has come to share, grow or learn.
They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh.
They may teach you something you have never done.
They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.
Believe it, it is real. But only for a season.
LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons,
things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation.
Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life.
It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.
Thank you for being a part of my life,
whether you were a reason, a season or a lifetime.
10 Rules for a Happy Day
- TODAY I WILL NOT STRIKE BACK
If someone is rude, if someone is impatient, if someone is unkind…I will not respond in a like manner.
- TODAY I WILL ASK GOD TO BLESS MY “ENEMY”
If I come across someone who treats me harshly or unfairly, I will quietly ask GOD to bless that individual. I understand the “enemy” could be a family member, neighbor, co-worker or stranger.
- TODAY I WILL BE CAREFUL ABOUT WHAT I SAY
I will carefully choose and guard my words being certain that I do not spread gossip.
- TODAY I WILL GO THE EXTRA MILE
I will find ways to help share the burden of another person.
- TODAY I WILL FORGIVE
I will forgive any hurts or injuries that come my way.
- TODAY I WILL DO SOMETHING NICE FOR SOMEONE, BUT I WILL DO IT SECRETLY
I will reach out anonymously and bless the life of another.
- TODAY I WILL TREAT OTHERS THE WAY I WISH TO BE TREATED
I will practice the golden rule, “Do unto others as I would have them do unto me,” with everyone I encounter.
- TODAY I WILL RAISE THE SPIRITS OF SOMEONE WHO IS DISCOURAGED
My smile, my words, my expression of support, can make the difference to someone who is wrestling with life.
- TODAY I WILL NURTURE MY BODY
I will eat less; I will eat only healthy foods. I will thank GOD for my body.
- TODAY I WILL GROW SPIRITUALLY
I will spend a little more time in prayer today… I will begin reading something spiritual or inspirational today;I will find a quiet place (at some point during this day) and listen to GOD’s voice!!! “But since we belong to the day, let us be self controlled, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and hope of salvation as a helmet.” -1 Thessalonians 5:8
The Greatest Salesman in the World
Although the development and practice of the fine art of selling is of primary concern to the professional salesman it is in reality a vital part of everyone’s daily life. We all “sell” something… principally ourselves.
With an imaginative flair rarely equaled in the literature of inspirational writing, the author combines parable, drama suspense, and sales techniques into an absorbing story you will never forget.
I. TODAY I BEGIN A NEW LIFE
I will walk tall among men for today I am a new man with a new life.
II. I WILL GREET THIS DAY WITH LOVE IN MY HEART
Only the unseen power of love can open the hearts of men.
III. I WILL PERSIST UNTIL I SUCCEED
If I persist long enough I will win. I will persist; I will win.
IV. I AM NATURE’S GREATEST MIRACLE
No other man is my duplicate. I will become a great salesman because I am unique.
V. I WILL LIVE THIS DAY AS IF IT IS MY LAST
Today I will give myself in sacrifice and work; it will be my greatest monument..
VI. I WILL BE MASTER OF MY EMOTIONS
If I feel fear I will plunge ahead. If I feel insignificant I will remember my goals.
VII. I WILL LAUGH AT THE WORLD
I will be too busy to be sad. I will laugh at every adversity for this, too, shall pass.
VIII. I WILL MULTIPLY MY VALUE A HUNDREDFOLD
To surpass the deeds of others is unimportant; to surpass my own deeds is all.
IX. I WILL ACT NOW
Success will not wait. This is the time. This is the place. I am the man.
About the Author: OG MANDINO (December 12, 1923 – September 3, 1996), author of this unique recording, is the executive editor of one of America’s leading success magazines, Success Unlimited. His professional background also includes nearly two decades of selling experience, both as a salesman in the field and as a sales manager. It is his unusual sensitivity to the human equation in any line of work, that places Mr. Mandino’s writing in a class by itself. His articles, short stories, and selected monographs have appeared in numerous national publications.
Contact Thomas Hirchak Company
Thomas Hirchak Company has a proven record of results through our successful auction marketing.