The Thomas Hirchak Company is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary, 401k, vacation, holiday, and health insurance. Please submit a letter of interest, resume and current references to [email protected] (unless otherwise noted).
We’re seeking a dynamic individual for a 32-to-40-hour week position to complete all accounting functions at our Morrisville headquarters. Candidates must be detail oriented, possess the ability to multi task and be self-motivated. There is never a dull moment.
Responsibilities range from basic to highly detailed. Our ideal candidate must possess strong communication skills, be highly organized, and have 3-5 years’ experience in finance or accounting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Maintaining the accounting system
- Assurance of compliance of Company with all laws and general accounting principles
- Input of all income
- Preparing and reviewing financial reports
- Processing of payroll, payroll taxes, employee 401K, health benefits, sales and use tax and any estimated tax payments
- Oversight and control of AP and AR
- Preparing company financial records for annual accountant processing
- Must be able to work with/or create and implement necessary systems to ensure productivity and profitability.
- HR experience is a bonus.
To be considered for this position the candidate must be proficient with Quick books, payroll and tax requirements, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), must possess a pleasant demeanor, and must have a professional & self-motivating attitude with a team spirit. Salary commensurate with experience.
Auction Site Tech
We’re seeking an energetic and motivated individual to join our auction team. The position is 40 hours/week and based in Morrisville, VT. A background check is required. This position involves working outdoors, in commercial and industrial facilities, and includes some travel (sometimes overnight), and occasional odd hours.
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Self-starter and Ability to work efficiently, independently and manage time effectively.
- Ability to follow instructions, ask questions if needed, and maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook
- Valid driver’s license with the ability to safely drive a truck with trailer
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Maintaining list of THCo assets used on site (tables, chairs, temporary lighting, etc.)
- Reporting equipment failures, recommend repairs / resolutions, facilitate
- Using checklists, templates and / or forms to ensure work is completed accurately
- Making sure your work is accurate and complete prior to submitting to supervisor
- Tracking time, project status, materials and equipment and submitting report to supervisor daily
- Sorting, indexing, bundling and/or boxing
- Determining/inputting on flow of the sale
- Describing lots/typing catalog
- Proofing and editing catalog and ads
- Photographing assets
- Editing, resizing, numbering photographs
- Setting up tables, chairs, PA system, auction and parking area signs, and computers at job sites
- Working at auctions
- Packing and moving furniture and smalls